State Department - Visas

State Department

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all your travel concerns are addressed. The State Department can help answer questions about traveling abroad. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with this agency:

I will be traveling to the Middle East next month. How can I find out if it is safe for me to go?

I will be traveling abroad this summer with my family. Will we need certain vaccinations?

I will be traveling to several countries this summer. I've got a passport, but are there any other entry requirements?

All U.S. citizens traveling to Canada or Mexico should now have a passport. For information on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, click here.

If you would like information on obtaining a passport card, a card which will help you travel by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda, click here. Remember, the passport card is only for travel via land and sea. It does not assist travel by air.

If you would like my help with State Department issue, please print out my Authorization Form and fax or mail it to my office. 

If you want to send something on this issue to my office, address it to: Congressman Tom Latham, 2217 Rayburn HOB, Washington, DC 20515. If you would like to call my office toll free, that number is 866-428-5642. If you are in Washington, D.C. and want to call, try 202-225-5476. And if you would like to fax us something, please fax it to 202-225-3301.